Here at Wheeljack’s Lab, we understand the vintage toy market, because we have been in the business for more than 20 years. Whether it is Transformers, GI Joe, Ghostbusters, or M.A.S.K toys, we have seen them all. If you have a toy collection that you want to sell for cash, we can help. If you want to determine the value of your collection and learn about the various places to sell vintage M.A.S.K. toys, you are in the right place.
Before you look for the best places to sell your M.A.S.K. Toys
If you have a toy collection to sell, there is some preparation to do if you want to get the most money for your M.A.S.K. toys. If you do not take the time to organize and value your collection, you will not know if you are getting a fair price. So, before you trek out to find the best places to sell your M.A.S.K. toys, you should quickly go through these steps.
Were you the original owner?
As the original owner of your collection, you will have an easier time identifying the lines your toys come from, which will make the next steps easier. If you have acquired your collection from someone else and are not familiar with the toys, it may be more difficult. If you have no idea how to start identifying the toys in an extensive collection, get in touch with us by email and we can help you out.
Organize your M.A.S.K. toys.
If you are familiar with the M.A.S.K. vintage toys in your collection, you will know how to start sorting them by brand. Usually, brands are easy to distinguish, but sometimes it can be a bit tricky. You can often find online references if you need a little help. Take care as you examine your toys, since some of them can be fragile, and of course they will be worthless if they are damaged.
Assessing the value of your toys
If you are confident that you can identify the specific toys in your collection, you will be able to identify their approximate value by finding sold listings for them online. eBay is one of the best sites for pricing toys. By finding several listings, you will be able to get a range of values. Be sure you are looking at sold listings, instead of active listings—the asking price on an active listing, whether a starting bid or a buy now price, may not reflect what people are willing to pay.
The same toy can sell for a range of prices for a variety of reasons related to the condition the toy is in. Therefore, it is a promising idea to look at several listings for each of the toys in your collection. Toys in better shape will sell for more. A toy in its original box will be worth more than one that does not have its box and shows signs of wear and tear, and so on. It may be hard to pinpoint an exact value, but you should be able to get a promising idea based on the range of sold listings you find.
How condition and cleanliness affect the selling price
Since the condition is such a significant factor in the value of your collection, let us take a closer look at some of the factors that can lead to toys being worthless. Damage can come from a lot of places. General wear and tear are not a huge deal, especially if the toy has all its accessories and is in decent shape, but some other kinds of damage will have a bigger impact.
If animals, whether that’s insect damage, rodents, pets, or anything else, have damaged a collection, you will have a challenging time selling your toys. Understandably, most collectors would not be interested in toys that are in very poor condition.
Meanwhile, toys stored in open boxes will become dusty and dirty. Getting the best prices for them would require careful cleaning. While cleaning your old toys, treat them with care since many plastics become brittle with age.
Then, environmental conditions, such as cigarette smoke and even sunlight, cause irreparable harm to toys. While this damage occurs over the span of years, these factors will discolor and damage the plastic of your M.A.S.K. toys. Likewise, high heat and humidity can also cause plastic toys to become misshapen or fragile. Unfortunately, most places that sell M.A.S.K. toys won’t take them if they are in this condition.
Luckily, we do have some tips for dealing with damage such as discoloration in this article.
The Best Places to Sell M.A.S.K. Action Figures
If you have M.A.S.K. toys to sell, there are buyers out there who want them. Finding them can sometimes be a challenge, however. We cannot say for certain what the best place to sell M.A.S.K. toys are since it depends on how much work you want to put into the process. In general, you can get the best value out of your collection by selling each toy individually on your own, but this can be very time-consuming, especially for an enormous collection. Alternately, you can sell your whole collection to a reseller who will pay you on the spot.
Here are the pros and cons of the assorted options out there.
Local Auction Service
- It is easy to use a local auction service to sell your toys—all you must do is drop them off.
- There is no careful packing and shipping required since you will be bringing your collection into a local business.
- It can take a very long time to receive your payment since it depends on when the toys auction off.
- You will pay high fees to the auction house which will cut into the value you get back for your toys.
- The sale price depends on who shows up for the auction.
- Toys get lower prices in general at auctions unless your collection is quite large, and you are working with a vintage toy specialist.
- Pawnshops will simplify your sales process. All you must do is drop off your collection then they will pay you.
- You cannot get the full value for your collection since the pawnshop needs to turn a profit as a reseller.
- You are a captive audience since you want cash right away. They will not offer you a very high percentage of their valuation.
- Since they are not experts, they will usually give you a lower price so that they can be sure of being able to sell at a profit.
Local Toy Dealer
- With a local toy dealer, you can minimize your time while still paying you quickly.
- It is easy to work with a local business and you can always check with the Better Business Bureau to make sure they are reputable.
- You will not pay any additional fees.
- Again, you cannot get the full value, and brick-and-mortar shops must consider their overhead when they are giving you a quote, so you might not get a very high percentage of their evaluation.
Online Auctions like eBay
- With an online auction site, you have access to a lot of potential buyers.
- You are usually selling directly to collectors, so you can get competitive prices.
- It can be quite time-consuming to sell your toys on your own through an auction site since you must prepare photos and listings for each toy to get the best price.
- You will have to pay fees when you sell on eBay or another auction site.
- Unfortunately, you can never be sure how the auction will turn out in the end. You are just as likely to strike it rich as to lose out on money.
- You will have to pack and ship each toy, as well as accept returns, and must deal with fraud or other customer issues.
Online Swap Pages Facebook and Craigslist
- Swap pages like Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist also allow you to reach many potential buyers and get fair prices.
- Unlike eBay, you do not have to pay additional fees.
- These sites are easy to use.
- Again, like selling on eBay, it can be very time-consuming to create listings for individual toys, especially if you have an enormous collection. You cannot be sure that they will sell and so it can take a long time to finally receive your payment.
- These sites have more potential for fraud, and there is not customer support available. You may end up spending a lot of time talking with people who just want to look, with no intention to buy.
Online Toy Dealer
- With an online toy dealer, you can complete your sale quickly. (At Wheeljack’s Lab, we take less than a week to complete purchases.)
- You can always do a background check with the Better Business Bureau
- You will not pay any additional fees (we even pay your shipping).
- While you cannot get full value from a dealer, you can often get better prices online than you can from in-person stores.
Wheeljack’s Lab is the best place to sell your M.A.S.K. toys at
As you can see, selling a collection of vintage M.A.S.K. toys can be very time-consuming if you do it all yourself. If you want to get an excellent value for your collection without having to deal with all the organizing, cleaning, and everything else, we can help you out. Give us a call at 888-946-2895 or email us to learn more.
Wheeljack’s Lab has been in the business of buying vintage toys for more than 20 years. My family has lived in this area for three generations, so our business is not going anywhere. We provide same-day quotes for toys, maintain timely communication, and we will pay you fast, along with paying for shipping. If necessary, we can even pick up your collection.
We are committed to providing you with great service, and we want to find great new homes for your cherished old toys.
About the author
Author: Chris Ingledue
Bio: I am the founder and owner of Wheeljack’s Lab pop Culture and Toy Shop. My vision has always been to reunite customers with their favorite childhood toys and pop culture, triggering fond memories, and reigniting their imaginations. Every day, I work in the “lab” where it’s Christmas 365 days a year. I scour the internet, like when we had the Sears Catalog of yesteryear, for the next great treasure. Then, I await the arrival of the postman as if he were Santa Claus himself and helping collectors worldwide with their own versions of Christmas. Every day as a vintage toy buyer is an absolute joy!
Do you have old and used M.A.S.K. toys?
If you have a collection of old and used toys, you can turn those toys into cash. There is no reason to let those old toys collect dust. Contact us today to sell your M.A.S.K. toy collection.
When you are looking for the best places to sell your M.A.S.K. toy collection, there is no better place than Wheeljack’s Lab. We have the experience to get you the best value for your time and toys. If you are still not convinced, just look at a small selection of the M.A.S.K. toys that we have sold and bought: