Finding stores that buy old ghostbusters toys can be fun. Going through several options of where to sell your toys can, however, be time-consuming.
So how do you clear your home of these toys and still make good cash in the process without getting overwhelmed?
Wheeljack’s Lab is an online toy retailer with over 20 years’ experience in buying and selling old and vintage toys including G.I. Joe, He-Man, and Ghostbusters. We understand the lengthy process that goes into selling your toys. That is why we help old toy owners reduce the time and effort that comes with toy sales.
Do your Ghostbusters toys include Kenner’s amazing 1987 collection? From the ever-smiling Stay Puft Marshmallow Man to the Green Ghost and The Real Ghostbusters, you may just have every single slimy figure in the ghost action movie. Which makes it even more fun since you can trade them all for money at good stores that buy Ghostbusters toys.
In this detailed post, you will learn everything you should do before getting to a store to buy your old toys. It is never enough to find stores that buy old Ghostbusters toys. You need to find stores that save you time and offer you an irresistible deal in exchange for your old, treasured figure brands.
Who is the original owner of the Ghostbusters toys?
The first step in preparing your old toys for sale to toy retail stores is to determine ownership. If you skip or undermine this stage, you may end up making extraordinarily little cash off your toys. So, who is the actual owner? You? Or someone you know?
To tell you the truth, being the rightful owner of the Ghostbusters toys that you intend to sell puts you in a good place to earn big.
- First, the sales process is easier when you own your Ghostbusters.
- As the actual owner, you can organize the toys into the right toy lines and according to brands.
- Larger Ghostbusters toy collections come with a little extra effort. But as the original owner, sorting them out will not be so much of a challenge.
On the contrary, if your Ghostbusters toys never belonged to you originally, you will need to follow a slightly different sales process. So email Chris right now.
How do you arrange your Ghostbusters toys?
Before approaching stores that buy old Ghostbusters toys, we recommend that you get your toys ready. And the first point of action is arranging them.
If you have the Ghostbusters Proton Pack, can you find all the pieces and put them back together? Do you have the complete heroes in The Real Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Vehicle firehouse headquarters – Spengler, Janine, and Stantz?
Usually, stores that buy Ghostbusters toys know the specific toy figures they want. So, organizing your toy collection correctly matters when looking to trade your old toys for cash.
Arrange by brands and toy lines. Try not to miss a piece and remember that ownership makes this step super seamless.
Can you place a price on your Ghostbusters collection?
Guessing your toys’ worth before you go looking for stores that buy Ghostbusters toys is brilliant.
You get a reasonable price for the entertainment the Winston Zeddmore collection brought you. Not because money can replace it. But because having an idea prepares you for how much you can get from selling your old toys. It puts you in control.
Follow these steps:
- Check out eBay.
- View latest prices of sold used toys, as they are more realistic.
- Compare prices among similar toy figure brands to understand why some toys are worth more than others.
- Check for differences in quality – near new versus old and unappealing.
Do not forget that people love new things, and they can spend more when a product catches their fancy. For example, if the packaging looks sealed and new or the toys are dirt-free and intact, true toy lovers would pay anything to get hold of them.
While these prices are not set in stone, they give you a promising idea of what to expect when dealing with stores that buy old Ghostbusters toys.
How new do your Ghostbusters toys look?
Newness equals higher value when selling used, old, or vintage toys. What this means is that toys in superb condition get a higher price offer.
Now, how do you get your toys to look and feel perfect?
- Keep them Clean – Clean used toys, like a home with a great curb appeal, are worth more than regular old toys. When you dig up your childhood toy collection, do you find traces of damage by rodents and pests? Such dirt would drop the value of your toys by a whole lot.
- Pack them Neatly – A neat package can create a new feel. Reusing the same box that your toys came in would boost your toys’ worth. Simply ensure that the box has not lost its form and it is free of wear and tear.
- Fix Discoloration or Yellowing Issues – Toys exposed to smoke, sunlight, heat, or dust are an eyesore. And stores that buy Ghostbusters toys would be quick to reject them. So read this article to learn how to get rid of discoloration to action figure brands that come from high heat, sunlight, and low humidity.
What are my choices for stores that buy old Ghostbusters toys?
Several stores that buy Ghostbusters toys are available. Yet, you need to learn how they run before deciding on what works for you. Below are some questions to bear in mind:
- Are they fast or slow?
- Do they charge high fees or no fees at all?
- Are they free of fraud?
- Is the cash percentage high enough?
Be sure to make your findings of the value of your toys and what kind of store you would prefer. Let us walk you through the diverse options of stores that buy Ghostbusters toys and their associated twists and turns.
Local Auction Service
- Easy to find within your city.
- Smooth sales process.
- Toy prices are unpredictable.
- They charge high fees.
- Toy sales are slow.
- Huge toy collections rarely get satisfactory results if handled by inexperienced retailers.
- Smooth sales process.
- Easily accessible.
- Percentage is low.
- Your Ghostbusters toys value is slashed.
- Inexperienced retailers extort toy sellers.
Local Toy Dealers
- Free of fees.
- Easily accessible.
- Short sales period.
- Quick toy sales.
- You can verify them using the Better Business Bureau.
- They will not offer full price for your Ghostbusters toys since they believe you need the money quickly.
- Huge toy collections are poorly valued, so you do not get your full cash.
eBay and Other Online Auctions
- The cash is attractive.
- You get a wider audience to sell to.
- They charge huge fees.
- The sales process is slow and tasking.
- Frequent exposure to fraud.
- They are difficult to use.
- Bids are unpredictable.
- Daily post office visits can be stressful.
- They insist that you accept returned toys.
Facebook, Craigslist, and Other Online Swap Pages
- You have a wide audience to sell to.
- Free of fees.
- These platforms are easy to use.
- The prices are quite good.
- Can be time-sapping and slow.
- Liable to fraudsters.
- Difficult to use in rural locations.
- They lack customer support.
- Your privacy is not guaranteed.
- You often must communicate with people who do not plan to buy your Ghostbusters toys.
Online Toy Dealers
- Free of fees.
- Fast sales process.
- Verifiable through the Better Business Bureau.
- They pay for your shipping.
- You do not get the full value of your Ghostbusters toys.
Sell your old and used Ghostbusters toys to Wheeljack’s Lab
Now that you know the possible stores that buy old Ghostbusters toys, what will your pick be? Would you rather go through the complicated process of naming, arranging, cleaning, and staging on your own?
Why not reach out to us at Wheeljack’s lab to take the stress off you? Let us help you make the sale process simpler, faster, and more rewarding.
Our 20+ years in the toy retail industry positions us to work in less time and achieve bigger results. This means that when you sell your old Ghostbusters toys to us, you can trust our same-day quotes, excellent communication, transparency, prepaid shipping, instant payment, and optional toy collection pickup services.
We are happy to give you more than a seamless sale experience. We are committed to selling your old Ghostbusters toys to new owners who will cherish them as much as you did.
Do you have old and used Ghostbusters toys?
If you have a collection of old and used toys, you can turn those toys into cash. There is no reason to let those old toys collect dust. Contact us today to sell your Ghostbusters toy collection.
Our professional, friendly, and expert staff have decades of experience as collectible toy buyers. If you are ready to sell your collection today, fill out the form below or call us at 888-946-2895.
About the author
Author: Chris Ingledue
Bio: I am the founder and owner of Wheeljack’s Lab pop Culture and Toy Shop. My vision has always been to reunite customers with their favorite childhood toys and pop culture, triggering fond memories, and reigniting their imaginations. Every day, I work in the “lab” where it’s Christmas 365 days a year. I scour the internet, like when we had the Sears Catalog of yesteryear, for the next great treasure. Then, I await the arrival of the postman as if he were Santa Claus himself and helping collectors worldwide with their own versions of Christmas. Every day as a vintage toy buyer is an absolute joy!
Wheeljack’s Lab is the store that buys your old and used Ghostbusters toys!
If you are still not convinced that we are the best place to sell your Ghostbusters to, just check out just a small sampling of the toys bought and sold through our services: