Places That Buy Toys
As toy collectors for over two decades, we understand that you are here because you have a collection of playthings that you want to convert to currency. Choosing the right place that buys auction figures is an important decision. As expert people who buy toys, we will show you how to go about making a proper selection that works for you. We will show you the ropes to estimate how much your classic figures are worth and send you in the direction of places that buy vintage toys.
Who Owned the Toys
Dividing into smaller matched sets, which you bought initially, simplifies the process a lot. It is difficult to sell massive collections with several types of action figures, which is further complicated if you are not the first owner of these toys. Please drop us an email if you are a second-hand owner so that we can give you the appropriate advice.
Classify and Categorize Toys
As the original owner of your collection, it will be easier to classify your toy collection according to labels or trademarks. Some will be very clear, especially if you know your collection. Keep in mind that the monetary worth is still unknown, so stick to categorizing according to brand for now.
Put a Price on Your Toys
Now that the sorting is done step one to evaluate your toys’ worth is to check out what similar toys sold for on eBay or other similar sites. Note that I said sold for—don’t look at what other people want to get for their toys, but instead what people who buy toys are actually paying for them.
Step two is to pinpoint what you have versus what was sold. There will be differing prices for the same items, which are justified by the current condition of your action figures. The better shape it’s in, the more people will pay for it. Think about how much the toy was handled, whether anything is missing or broken, if you still have original packaging, or better yet, if the toy is still sealed in its original packaging. Consider these variables and decide what grade condition you have to get a ballpark figure
How ‘Minty’ Are Your Toys?
Your toys might be tainted, which could make them worth less or completely unsellable. Any damage caused by vermin, insects, or even domestic animals will get you a lot less money. Toys that have collected layers of dust over decades of exposure are not in mint condition anymore either. Other environmental factors like smoke exposure, sunshine, excessively high temperatures, and dampness also tarnish your toys condition.
In case you do need to fix some discoloration, we have the right advice for you here.
Places That Buy Action Figures
You’ll be surprised at how many people want to buy your old toys. Finding “Places that buy action figures” is easy, but finding the right one is crucial.
With all the options out there, we will help you find the right places that buy old toys. The most important thing to consider is your time. The time you have for the project and if you have the time to sell every piece as singles. So, let’s have a look at the roads most traveled with all their positives and negatives:
- Auctioneers in Your Area
- Positives: It’s simple and nearby
- Negatives: Auction houses take fairly long and there is a direct fee/cost involved for you. The money you are getting for your pieces is also unpredictable. You’ll be ok if you can get in with a toy expert, but they are few and far between.
- Positives: It’s simple and nearby
- Negatives: These guys do their best to keep paid prices low because they are not pros like places that buy toys specifically. If you are desperate for some bucks, they will exploit that so they can make the most of your sale.
- Web-Based Dealers
- Positives: Complete the sale fairly quickly with no hidden costs, not even for transport as we pay shipping. Most purchases are wrapped up in 5-7 days from initial contact. Additionally, you can background check online dealers like us at Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Negatives: You won’t receive full value.
- Action Figure Traders in Your Area
- Positives: Complete the sale fairly quickly with no hidden costs, it’s nearby and backed up by Better Business Bureau.
- Negatives: You won’t get what your pieces are truly worth. These dealers are a lot like the pawnbrokers and will do their best to keep paid prices extremely low.
- Web-Based Auctioneers
- Positives: Wide network, great prices
- Negatives: There is a cost involved for you and it’s not cheap plan on 15% off the top in fees. The money you are getting for your pieces is also unpredictable for low volume sellers, and these sites are not intuitive and easy to use for beginners. It’s easy to be scammed through web-based auctioneers and they have strict policies on making you take back pieces that buyers are unsatisfied with. You’ll also, most likely, need to make more than one trip to your mail center.
- Social Media Platforms
- Positives: Wide network, good offers, no hidden costs, user friendly
- Negatives: Slow turnaround time, very time-consuming making listings as well as running to post office daily. Serious fraud and privacy concerns. No customer support. Rural areas may have limited success coupled with lots of communication with potential buyers.
Wheeljack’s Lab: The place that buys used toys
For newbies, this can be a painstaking experience. Especially getting your figures spit, polished, and categorized for their big sale. Luckily, we are experts in the field and can manage the entire process for you from start to end. Get in touch with us at 888-946-2895 so that we can help you sell your vintage action figures once and for all.
Everyone in the toy-buying business is familiar and comfortable with us because we’ve been doing this for over two decades. We are very passionate about vintage toys so you are guaranteed instant responses, quick payment. For the right toys, we’ll even come and get them directly from you! We give offers in less than 24 hours and ensure that your toys are placed with new owners that value them as much as their first owners did. We hope you learned how to choose the best “places that buy action figures.”
Author: Chris Ingledue
Bio: I’m the founder and owner of Wheeljack’s Lab. My vision has always been to reunite customers with their favorite childhood toys, triggering fond memories, and reigniting their imaginations. Every day I work in the “lab” where it’s Christmas 365 days a year; scouring the internet – like we did the Sears Catalog of yesteryear – for the next great treasure, awaiting the arrival of the postman as if he was Santa Claus himself and helping collectors worldwide with their own versions of Christmas. Every day is an absolute joy!
Places That Buy Action Figures
Below are some sample collections that dealers, as well as collectors, are looking for!